So, by now you’ve heard me say a number of times that you can used your oils with a carrier oil such as Fractionated Coconut Oil, but what exactly is FCO? Well, it is formed without any double bonds and is therefore shelf stable indefinitely. It is also clear and odorless and so it is ideal for use with essential oils. Some of the other benefits of coconut oil are:
– You don’t have to use as much of the essential oil to do the same job with it, the old adage, “less is more” applies here.
– It is a gentle and safe moisturizer that won’t (in most cases) irritate skin or clog pores.
– It absorbs into skin and prevents more of the essential oil from evaporating, kind of like taking it down to your skin.
– In can be used when preparing creams and lotions to give it a different texture or consistency.
– It won’t stain clothing or sheets and washes out easily.
– It is harmless if ingested.
I love using my FCO when I am creating different rollerballs of oils or oil blends simply because it allows me to stretch my dollars, especially if I am using an expensive oil such as frankincense. There have even been times when I needed a quick moisturizer and I applied it to my hands or elbows. You can easily pour a few drops into the palm of your hand and add a drop of something like lavender or peppermint to it, then rub it in for a delightful scent. There’s virtually nothing this oil can’t do! I definitely recommend getting this carrier oil to use with your essential oils.